Monday, September 3, 2012

Chapter 1

Becoming an e-Teacher

Focus Question
What six key issues should a teacher consider when looking to integrate technology?
The six key issues a teacher should consider when looking to integrate technology are 
  1. Using technology in teaching
  2. Motivating factors
  3. Barriers to technology 
  4. Ideas for technology use
  5. Teaching methods
  6. Students and technologies
Tech Tool Link
In Tech Tool 1.1, the text talks about choosing the correct laptop for each person's individual needs. If you're a frequent note taker, they say to consider the laptop's battery life; if you're a traveler, weight should be one's number once choosing factor; and if you plan on storing lots of data, hard disk size should be your focus. The website (www.lenovo.com), was useful. It categorized the electronics by price, size, color, weight, brand, etc. There was even a pop up that offered live assistance. If I were having a hard time deciding what type of computer I should buy, I'd definitely go to this website for help. 

Summary and Connection
Chapter one had lots of information. All of this information I found very useful. I feel like I'll use much of this in my teaching career. With the technology going at the pace it's going, I'm going to have to keep learning as the years go by. 

1 comment:

  1. As they say, learning is really lifelong! :) I like the way you expanded upon the laptop choice website.

    ReplyDelete